Nowadays, the most popular type of flooring is faux wood. Laminate flooring is still the most popular wood flooring substitute, despite other, more low-maintenance options including vinyl or ceramic tiles becoming more popular. From each tree to every deck, from design aesthetic to installation functionality, Richwood’s laminate flooring never slacks. Richwood laminate flooring is a low-cost, low-maintenance option for achieving the look of real wood flooring.
Table of Contents
Best 5 Laminate Floor Cleaners:
Laminate flooring is made up of several layers, some of which include.
- Adding a melamine overlay helps protect the floor from stains, scratches, and abrasions while maintaining the floor’s appearance and feel. A waterproof seal inhibits water from penetrating the cover and damaging the floor beneath it.
- Decorative Paper: The decorative layer sits just under the overlayer and retains the pattern or print of the floor below. Your floor will have a stunning, lifelike wood or stone appearance thanks to this technique.
- It is the HDF Core, which lies beneath the decorative paper, that determines the floor’s quality and stability. For the waterproof properties, this layer is typically made of Highly Dense Fiberboard. When it comes to laminate flooring, the fiberboard may have more resin in it, making it harder to enlarge in water.
- An additional benefit of the Balance Layer is that it helps to keep water from seeping through the floor and stabilizes the floor itself. If you have a concrete floor or a basement, you may have to deal with moisture from both above and below the planks, so a backer layer may be needed.
Keeping Laminate Floors Clean:
Laminate flooring, despite its durability, affordability, and attractiveness, does require some upkeep. The life of one‟s floors can be extended if you clean them correctly. Prevent scratches & premature wear by keeping the surface dust-free, and avoid permanent water ingress by being extra cautious when it comes to spills & cleaning techniques. Check out some of the best products and cleaners for laminate floor cleaning, as well as some of the things you shouldn’t be using.
If you dry mop your laminate floors daily, you can avoid scratches and other surface damage. Choose a broom with a wide microfiber head to catch and hold the dirt that is monitored across your floor regularly. Microfiber heads can be washed and reused multiple times.
There are two advantages to dry mopping:
- To prevent dirt from grinding into the laminate, you should remove any debris that has been helped bring in your shoes & paws before you start cleaning your floors.
- Before performing any deeper cleaning, it is imperative that you dry mop the floor to remove any dirt particles that could act as abrasive paper among your rags as well as the laminate.
Vacuums can help to keep dirt and dust off the floor, in corners, and under furniture, making it easier to maintain a clean home. Cleaning laminate floors with a microfiber pad attached directly behind the vacuum head is a great way to get rid of any dust and other particles that the vacuum can’t pick up. Robotic vacs are also excellent for cleaning laminate floors, as they reduce the amount of time and effort required to perform the task manually.
Softening Cleansing Agents:
- Spot clean with a mild cleanser and then wipe the area with such a dry, absorbent lint-free cloth any remaining residue.
- Laminate floors can be cleaned with a mixture of 1 part rubbing alcohol, 3 parts water, and a squirt of dish soap.
- As soon as you finish scrubbing the floor with the dampened cloth, immediately wipe it down with such a dry, water-absorbing cloth to help stop water from accumulating in any gaps between the laminate pieces. Laminate floor maintenance is all about preventing water damage.
When Cleaning Laminate Floor, What To Avoid:
- To avoid damaging the flooring’s surface or layers, avoid these cleaning no-nos when cleaning laminate floors.
- Steam cleaners should never be used. Over time, the glued layers will be affected by the heat and moisture, resulting in water damage.
- Do not use a drippy mop to clean the floors.
- Dry microfiber mop heads are preferable to bristle brooms because they don’t leave underneath particles that can speed up the deterioration of surfaces.
- Stay away from anything that makes you look shiny. It’s not always easy to get rid of the waxy gunk from your hair.
- Do not use Murphy Oil Soap to clean wood. Streaks will be visible on the surface as a result.
- Abrasive cleaners, such as staticky sponges or steel wool, should be avoided. Laminate floors can be damaged even by applying and rubbing baking soda harshly.
- As an acidic ingredient, vinegar can erode the laminate’s surface over time if used at large levels for long periods.
How To Keep Laminate Flooring Safe:
- Clean up wet spills as soon as possible. Laminate and water are a recipe for disaster.
- Protect the underside of your furniture by using glides or pads.
- To avoid scratching the laminate floor’s surface, move heavy furniture on carpet or padding rather than dragging it across it.
- Make sure your pet’s water bowl and your baby’s high chair have mats underneath them.
Longevity And Resistance To Abrasion:
It has a wear-resistant layer, a melamine overlayer, and a high-temperature and pressure laminated wear-resistant covering paper, so the covering is extremely durable. Providing a realistic feel and look to the floor while protecting it from scratches, burns, and stains. In high-traffic commercial environments or households with children and pets, Richwood laminate flooring is ideal.
Looks Like Real Wood And Real Stone:
A laminate floor’s surface can be textured or smooth, hand-scraped, embossed, pressed flowers or imitation hardwood to give the illusion of natural hardwood graining. Laminate flooring, as opposed to real solid wood, is more stable and consistent in quality. EIR Surface is the source of all of this.
The waterproofing ability of laminate flooring is being improved due to advancements in structural design. Localized moisture can be tolerated by most new laminate floors. Preventing water penetration into the board is easier with proper installation. Additionally, you can consider upgrading the substrate to the best waterproofing requirements, which is our Aqua Floor series.
Safety And Security:
To ensure that Richwood Flooring does not contain harmful chemicals, FloorScore certification and testing were conducted. The state of California has been a pioneer in the field of improving indoor air quality with the FloorScore certification. The FloorScore seal of approval signifies that a product has been tested and found to meet California’s stringent requirements for indoor environmental quality and safety.
The Thicknesses Of The Laminates:
- From 7 to 12 millimeters, the laminate has varying thicknesses, and the thicker it is the more likely it is to sound like solid hardwood under your feet.
- Decide on a color scheme.
- The tan laminate gives the impression of more space and openness, so we’ve been told you to prepare a variety of color options for you. Slightly darker shades will also give you that wonderful, rich warmth. Gray laminate, in addition to being stylish and chic, sets a tone for a cool, contemporary home.
1. The 32-Ounce Bottle Of Zep Industrial Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner (Pack Of 2) Stain And Scratch Remover (Eczuhlf322). This Method Is Effective In Both Cleaning And Restoring Lustre.
Item Form: Spray
Hardwood and laminate floors can be cleaned with a professional-strength floor cleaner. Restore the shine to varnished floors, moldings, cabinet doors, as well as other wood surfaces by using this product to remove stains and scuffs. A clean scent is all that is left behind after using a cleaner. It dries quickly and doesn’t require rinsing. Wooden and laminate flooring can be used. Makes a great spray bottle refill. In addition, often these refillable spray mops are compatible with this cleanser.
The Zep Mist is the best way to bring back the original luster and gloss of your floors. Using Zep, your floors will be free of dirt and grime, and it can repair scratched surfaces. Users and experts have lauded the hardwood floor cleaners made by Zep as some of the best on the market.
- CLEANS & RESTORES SHINE: Pro formula removes stains & scuffs while maintaining a shine
- FAST DRYING: Formula is fast drying and does NOT require rinsing
- FOR USE ON: Solid or engineered hardwood & laminate floors
- Restore Shine to Hardwood or Laminate Floors and Kitchen Cabinets
2. Bona Stone, Tile, And Laminate Floor Cleaner, 36-Ounce Bottle
Surface: Tile, Floor, Stone
Refill cleaner for hard floor surfaces. Cartridge replacement for the Bonakemi mop head. The formulation is unique and effective, trying to remove dust, dirt, & grime with ease and effectiveness. The null residue is left behind. Suggested for use with natural stone, ceramic tile, and laminate flooring. Greenguard Gold certification ensures that it is safe to use in your home as well as around your loved ones. ‘
Professional flooring experts have used Bona hardwood floor cleaner for more than a century because of its quality and effectiveness. To ensure that one’s floors are returned to their original luster, use Bona’s oxygenated formula to quickly and easily remove dirt and stains.
- Stone and laminate floor cleaner
- Specially designed to be safe for floor, families and the environment
- Safe for all sealed stone, tile and laminate floors
3. Cleaning Hardwood, Real, Natural, And Engineered Floors With Biodegradable Safe For All Floors Black Diamonds Stoneworks Woods & Laminated Floor Cleaner
Item Form: Liquid
Brand: Black Diamond Stoneworks
The best cleaning lady for laminate floors is Black Diamonds Stoneworks Wood and or Laminate Floor Cleaner. Black Diamonds Stoneworks is a water-based, non-toxic, and mildly scented cleaner that can remove even the most stubborn stains and sticky residues with just one spritz.
For hardwood & laminate floor cleaning, there is no better choice than BD Stoneworks. Streaks and residue are no longer an issue thanks to the addition of PS3 (Tri Poly Shield) to the fresh BD Stoneworks formula.
- Provides a streak-free clean every time- No-rinse Hypoallergenic formula
- Great on all types wood or laminate, engineered flooring.
- Bamboo, Cork, Pergo, Armstrong, Mohawk and more.....
- Removes spills, stains, dirt, dust, oil, footprints-easy to use just spray and wipe
4. Armstrong’s Bruce Hardwood And Laminate Floor Clean Spray 32oz
Item Form: Spray, Wax
There are no compromises in quality or effectiveness with Bruce. As a result, Bruce is the most effective and safest hardwood floor cleaner on the market. Not only does it restore wood’s natural luster, but it also lusters luster and dries quickly and doesn’t leave behind any film or streaks. People who dislike the pungent smell of floor polishes will love Bruce because it doesn’t have much of ascent you balls period
Unlike other cleaners, Bruce’s hardwood & laminate floor cleaner removes soil without leaving a surface film of the urethane finish. No wax hardwood & laminate floors can be cleaned with its ready-to-use formula. It doesn’t require rinsing, and it doesn’t leave a dulling residue. Cleans urethane-coated wood floors, including Bruce hardwood and laminate, without the need for wax.
- Lifts soil from the surface of the urethane finish.
- Great for spot and routine cleaning.
- No rinsing and no dulling film.
- Ready-to-Use formula.
5. Method Squirt + Mop Hard Floor Cleaner Covers More Surface Area In Less Time, Ideal For Tile, Laminates, And Other Hard Surfaces. 6 X 739 Ml Lemon Ginger Bottles, Packaging May Vary
Specific Uses For Product: Floor, Tile
Item Form: Spray
This product is made with all-natural ingredients and is certified by the B Corp. One of the most environment-friendly materials on our list is Method’s cleaner. Because it’s made from natural ingredients and has never been subjected to animal testing, it can be recycled. Even the bottle’s ergonomic design is made from recycled plastic. Additionally, it’s wax-free, so there’s no greasy residue or film to clean up after it’s finished working.
When it comes to cleaning laminate flooring, it doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Trying to make you possess floor cleaner is an inexpensive option. Pre-mixed cleaners such as Black Diamonds Stonework can be used on both wood and laminate floors.
- Contains (6) 25 ounce bottles of liquid hard floor cleaner.
- Biodegradable formula made with plant-based cleaning power.
- One-step clean + gleam, no rinsing required.
- Ergonomic nozzle spray designed to cover your floors in fewer sweeps and help avoid puddling.
In the past, we would only clean our floors on special occasions, such as limbo night or when the queen came to visit. However, this almond-scented, no-wax, no-rinse wooden floors cleaner transforms a chore into a pleasure. You can clean your floors in less time and avoid puddling thanks to the ergonomic nozzle spray. Squirt and mop your way to a sparkling, spotless home. Another thing to keep in mind is to avoid using a cotton ball, steam mops, as well as abrasive floor cleaners to tidy your laminate flooring. Wet laminate flooring can deteriorate quickly, so keep it dry at all times.
Laminate Floor Cleaner: Frequently Asked Question
1. Cleaning Laminate Floors: What Works Best?
Clean laminate floors by wiping up spills & dirt as soon as possible with a damp cloth. Liquids should never be left on laminate flooring for an extended period of time.
2. Why Isn’t My Laminate Floor Looking Its Best?
To get a shiny finish on your laminate floors, have used a clean dust mop to remove any dirt. A laminate cleaning product is then required. To clean your stone, you could use Black Diamonds Stonework or any other product of your choice.
3. How To Keep Your Laminate Wood Floors Clean?
Here are some natural cleaning methods:
Vinegar, water, and dish soap are all you need to get the job done. When mopping the floor, stir the contents in a spray bottle, or put it in a bucket. You should avoid using a vapor mop for this task. Tidy your laminate floorboards with the solution and a damp mop.
4. How To Make Your Laminate Floor Cleaner At Home?
Add three to four droplets of any aromatic essential oil to a spray bottle with 5 ounces of white vinegar, 5 ounces of rubbing alcohol, and 5 ounces of distilled water. Your laminate flooring will have a new lease on life thanks to the essential oil. You’re ready to go with your homemade laminate floor cleaner after a good shake of the spray bottle.
5. Stains From Coffee And Wine On Laminate Flooring: What Works And What Doesn’t?
Red wine and black coffee are more likely to leave stains than white wine, but the cleaning procedure is the same for both. To remove the remaining liquid, use only a small amount of the laminate cleaning solution. When wiping, go with the direction of the grain.
Best 5 Laminate Floor Cleaners:
Thank you for reading!